Recently the Ministry of Health has confirmed all district health board’s results against the six health targets for the final quarter of the 2010/2011 year. The performance of CMDHB was outstanding – we achieved five of the six targets and are closing very rapidly on the sixth (offering better help for smokers to quit). It is the best performance of a large DHB and one I hope you are all rightly proud of.
Apart from the simple success of delivering our business effectively on a day to day basis, your hard work also means we are:
- delivering a great service to our Emergency Care patients (achieved 97%)
- doing more elective surgery than we have ever delivered before (108%)
- delivering well managed cancer treatments (100%)
- meeting the national immunisations target for the first time (90%)
- making sure as many patients as possible are supported to give up smoking – the single most important health gain for most of our patients (86%)
- continually improving on our delivery of diabetes and cardiovascular services (74%)
My huge congratulations to all the staff involved who have, through great work and commitment, delivered great service. The challenge is now to build on this outstanding result to achieve the 2011/2012 targets!
For more information on CMDHB’s performance last quarter, click here.
I’d also encourage you all to check out the CMDHB’s Sustainable Transport Expo on Tuesday of next week (at Middlemore) or Thursday of next week (at the Manukau SuperClinic). I’ll be talking more about transport on my blog soon but with an electric car, various cycles and free public transport passes available on the day, it’s a great way to start thinking about how you get to work each day.
Finally, please tune back in to my blog on Friday for my usual weekly post. I’ll be discussing the major strategic changes CMDHB is undertaking – there are big changes ahead and I’d love to have you all onboard from the start.